Data protection information of io-DigitalSolutions GmbH
Information on the processing of your personal data pursuant to art. 13 GDPR
We hereby inform you about the processing of your personal data by io-DigitalSolutions GmbH and the rights to which you are entitled under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You can reach our data protection officer, Secorvo Security Consulting, at:
Purposes und legal bases for data processing
The processing of your personal data is subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the German Social Code (SGB), and any other applicable laws.
Data processing is based on Art. 6.1 (b) GDPR, i.e. it is required for the execution of a contract or a precontractual legal relationship. If this data processing requires special categories of personal data, we will first request your consent as per Art. 9.2 (a) GDPR in connection with Art. 7 GDPR. Any creation of statistics with such data categories is based on Art. 9.2 (j) GDPR in connection with §27 German Data Protection Act (BDSG).
We will also process your personal data to protect our legitimate interests or those of any third party as per Art. 6.1 (f). Legitimate interests include, but are not limited to:
- Advertising our own products and the products of other associated companies in our group, and for market research and surveys
- Ensuring the safety and security of our systems
- Preventing and investigating criminal offences, including, but not limited to data analyses that could help discover any type of abuse.
In addition, we process your personal data to comply with legal obligations (such as, e.g., supervisory duties, trade and tax law related retention requirements). This practice is subject to the respective legal provision in connection with Art. 6.1 (c) GDPR.
If we process your data for any other reason not mentioned here above, we will notify you accordingly beforehand.
Recipients of your personal data
- Other locations of io-DigitalSolutions GmbH, the parent company io-consultants GmbH & Co. KG and affiliated companies
- Parent company and affiliated companies, if io-DigitalSolutions acts as lead consultant for project management purposes. In such case, the parent company and affiliated companies are equally subject to the applicable regulations.
- Financial authorities, banks, and tax consultants for executing financial transactions
- Credit reporting agencies for obtaining credit standing information
- Collection agencies for the collection of debts
- Attorneys for providing legal services
- Shredding services for the disposal of files and data carriers
- Digital printing as well as parcel and mail delivery services for physical shipping and sending of mailings and articles such as brochures, etc.
If data is sent to recipients outside the EU, an adequate data protection level will be provided (e.g. through Privacy Shield, standard contractual clauses).
Data storage period
Any personal data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes and the applicable legal retention periods have expired.
The applicable data retention and documentation obligations arise from the German Commercial Code, the German Fiscal Code and the German Money Laundering Act. Pursuant to these rules, retention periods may last up to ten years.
In the event of claims arising against our company, we retain the data until the respective statutes of limitation have expired. Personal data that is subject to a legal dispute is retained until the respective proceedings are concluded.
You may request information about the private data we have stored about you at any time. You also have the right to request the correction of incorrect personal data and/or, if legally applicable, the correction, limitation of use or deletion of your data.
You are entitled to file an informal objection against the use of your personal data for the purposes of direct advertising, market research or demand-oriented design of telemedia at any time.
Upon request, we will send you the personal data that we stored about you in a common, structured and machine-readable format, which you then can use for further processing.
To exercise these rights and for any other questions or complaints, please contact our data protection officer at the above-mentioned contact details.
You are also entitled to contact the competent data protection authority for any data privacy related complaints: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de
Last update: April 20, 2020